We wanted to give and make all our doggie customers something special for Thanksgiving, the first thing that came to mind was doggie pumpkin pie. We found this recipe:
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 16 oz. can of pumpkin (plain)
- 8 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, or a mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix oatmeal and flour together in a food processor.
- Add applesauce slowly, continuing to run the processor.
- Add water slowly, using only enough to make a ball (too much will make the dough sticky).
- Spray wax paper and muffin tin with olive or vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Roll out dough onto wax paper and cut out 8 circles, about 4″ across (or divide dough into 8 small balls before rolling out).
- Press individual circles into bottom and sides of muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let crusts cool, then remove from the muffin tin.
- Fill each crust with about 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of canned pumpkin.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt.